2018 Trout Derby
May 5th, & 6th, 2018
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Derby Location: East Branch of the Clarion River from the Glen, Hazel Bridge to Bendigo State Park
Dates: Saturday May 5th and Sunday May 6th, 2018
Check-In Station: T & J Storage, Glen Hazel, PA
Entry Fee: $15.00 by Pre-Registration Date, $20.00 AFTER April 28th, 2018
FOOD AND REFRESHMENTS WILL BE AVAILABLE
- You MUST possess a valid Pennsylvania Fishing License and an Official Derby Registration Button. Children under the age of 16 only need a Registration Button.
- Fish MUST be presented at the Check-In Station in a LIVE CONDITION as determined by the Derby Committee. ALL Derby Committee decisions are final. (Bags available at the Check-In Station)
- ALL fish MUST be legally and fairly caught. NO snagging or trot lines permitted.
- Elkland proudly promotes conservation; therefore we encourage catch and release of all fish.
- LIVE Bait may be used
- Anyone suspected of cheating will be disqualified from the Derby.
- Please obey property owner’s rights AT ALL TIMES
- Derby Buttons MUST be visible AT ALL TIMES
- Entrants may begin fishing at 7:00am and MUST stop fishing at 7:00pm on Saturday May 5th. NO FISH will be accepted AFTER 7:30pm on Saturday May 5th.
- Entrants may begin fishing at 7:00am and MUST stop fishing at 5:30pm on Sunday May 6th. NO FISH will be accepted AFTER 6:00pm on Sunday May 6th.
- ANY entrants fishing Prior to 7:00am or after 7:00pm on Saturday or 5:30pm on Sunday WILL BE DISQUALIFIED
You may register by mail, by sending in your entry form made payable to “Elkland Search & Rescue” to:
Elkland Search & Rescue
P.O. Box 816
St. Marys, PA 15857
DURING the hours of the Trout Derby, you may ONLY register at the Check-In Station
Pre-Registration will also be available at the Elkland Building on April 7th and April 28th, from 12:30pm to 4:00pm. At this time, you may also pick up your Official Derby Button. Derby Buttons may also be picked up on Friday May 4th from 3:00pm to 8:00pm at the Check-In Station
Please contact Gary Malacarne at (814) 965-3174 for information
As in previous years, Trout for the Derby will be stocked from the Glen Hazel Bridge to the bottom end of the Picnic Area at Bendigo State Park
BIG TROUT CONTEST:
Elkland will be sponsoring a “Big Trout Contest”. The Properly Registered/Qualified Participant catching the longest 2018 tagged trout will receive 50% of the funds collected for this contest. In the event of a tie, the proceeds will be evenly divided amongst the winners. Cost is $5.00 to participate in the Big Trout Contest, and the $5.00 MUST accompany your registration
KIDS BIG TROUT CONTEST:
All properly registered children, 12 Years of age or Under are eligible for this event. There is NO COST for this event. The Properly Registered/Qualified Participants catching the Three (3) longest trout (tagged or untagged) will receive:
1st – $50.00: 2nd – $30.00: 3rd – $20.00
Note: Only one (1) Cash Prize per Child.
REGISTRATION FEES (must accompany registration):
□ $15.00 – Trout Derby Pre-Registration
□ $20.00 – Trout Derby Registration (AFTER April 28th, 2018)
□ $5.00 – Big Trout Contest (ages 13 and over)